• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What kind of Micron chips do buffalo 3700 use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

Reefa_Madness has it under control, as usual. :) PM me if you have questions or need anything at all though.

thanks for the quick responses, I think i'll probably end up getting the buffalo for my new system.

thanks for the quick responses, I think i'll probably end up getting the buffalo for my new system.
Wait. Before you do, it would be very wise to read those threads in their entirety, if you haven't already.

And since I just posted the links, you would have to be SuperPi Fast to have finished them already. One of the benefits of this or any other forum is to learn from the trials of others. Heed the suggestion from johan851 to read these threads, start to finish. There is a wealth of information from which you can then reach your own conclusion. If you make a hasty choice, then you will only have yourself to blame. This ram has worked for some and not for others, it is not a sure thing, nor is it a total flop.

don't buy that RAM. It works great as PC3200 RAM, but very few people (if any) have gotten it to run stable at stock settings (233mhz, 3-3-3-8). Unfortunately it is labeled and priced as PC3700.

I am trying to return mine now. I really don't think I should have to pay the restocking fees since they are defective, but I may just suck it up just to be done with this stupid RAM.

well apparently some of it has the same chips as ocz eb. total hit or miss from what i can see.

hmm, if it is total hit or miss, why in the world does Buffalo sell them like this if they know that some are going to be hitting spec, and some are not? Is this a normal thing in the ram industry?

It shouldn't be normal, but it's fairly common, mostly among off-name brands. I would hate to consider Buffalo an off-brand, but their sticks are sort of acting that way.

now after reading those threads, i don't like the odds i have to get chips that I would want to keep. WHat other RAM is available for a pretty decent price, around $240 a gig, that would be good for an A64 system. I would like some chips more consistent than the buffalo 3700's. thanks all.

Apparently some of the Kingston ValueRAM is selling with d43 chips these days, and that's been a little more consistent than the Buffalo. That would probably be worth looking into. If you could find used BH-5 for that price (which is somewhat possible) that would be a great deal. OCZ PC3200 EB is a little out of the price range...$273 at Newegg.

Back