• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got the parts, now needing to mod case, suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

travanx

Registered
Modding my case slowly *pics was (Got the parts, now needing to mod case)

ok got my parts from danger den today and was matching up everything in the case. The heatcore turns out to be bigger than I thought it would be. So I am thinking I will need to mod the front of the case for the intake. I will attach 4 pics to give an idea of how much room I am working with.

Let me list the parts I got. RBX wb, 5 1/4 bay resevoir, D4 pump, Maze4 GPU Block, Heatcore with danger den shroud, and tygon tubing.

I also tried to show how I was going to orient the heatcore with the pump lining up with the case. Any suggestions on how to route this stuff? I need to go pick up some tin snips to make room for the heatercore!!

rads.jpg

norads.jpg

sides.jpg

rbxs.jpg

Last edited:
i can see what your trying to do, but not sure how you would do it, best of luck anyway, and if u do any more work can we have some more pics

Phil

I am hopefully going to be able to cut about an inch from the bottom drivebay. That should clear the height of the heatercore. Then cut the motherboard tray so I can push the core so its touching the back of the case. Then I can connect the heatercore where the pump is with about an inch or so of tube right?

And then tube from there into the Y adapter on the RBX, then go from that to the video card, then from there go to the resevoir. After now seeing this stuff in person I want to make sure my hookup sounds correct.

BTW Philip1193 is the best of luck because my case is so cramped for all of this?? :)

I can see your hc tanks will protrude out of your case as you have your hc now. Do you have room to make hc standing up? You will lose some bay room but I'm sure it will fit inside your case. BTW, damn, that's a tight case.

actually it protrudes out about 1/16 of an inch, it was hard to get the angle. i felt i could just end up cutting or pushing out the side panel depending on how tight it is. if I try to stand it up and i lose more drive bays, which maybe I will buy another adapter to put the other hard drive in the 5 1/4 slot. but yes, since the case is so cramped i am trying to fit everything in there as cramped as i can.

btw the case is a chenbro gaming bomb x-pider or something like that. Its actually pretty decent, and I got it originally so it would be small to easily take to friends houses, but big enough to fit what I needed in it, which is making the planning stage really difficult.

I was able to cut away most of the inside of the case to make the HC fit. This will slowly be moving along. Now to figure out how to keep the HC standing up, since I am using a pci slot cover to hold it up in the picture.

sideradin.jpg

radfit.jpg

cutaway.jpg

You could probably drill holes in the metal behind the HC where the barbs are, then use two bolts to fasten it. The other side would be more difficult since there is nothing there. You could try to do something with zip ties. Anyway, looking good!

looks good so far!!!

BTW Philip1193 is the best of luck because my case is so cramped for all of this??

you should b fine, its just i have same case as you and i was supprised you would fit all stuff inside as i dont think it is that large inside

Picture_007.jpg

see same case with my neat wiring lol

Phil

Ok getting closer. Taking my time on this. So a partial test fit to make sure i can route everything in the case, very cramped inside, but it seems like it will be fine. Next step is to test fit the actual blocks on the video card and cpu to make sure the tubing is the correct length. Then to figure out how much coolant to add to the water and give it a test run for 2 days straight. So my question is, what is a general amount of coolant to add to my water? I don't want to measure, is it drops of coolant or tablespoons? Just some general amount??

testfitnoh.jpg

Back