• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temps and IC7-MAX3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zebbo

Mushkin Tech Rep
What kind of temps do you get with IC7-MAX3? I don't know should I be worry about my own temps, but AbitEQ shows me these kind of temps:
IDLE
System: 33
CPU: 47

LOAD
System: 34
CPU: 67

My cpu temp never went +60, but after I changed my thermal compound to AS5 I noticed this happend. So should I worry about or is this just normal. (heatsink + fan @ sig)

No, I don't think only AS5 would improve them, good case ventilation had to come picture too. But that is funny that after I put AS5 my temps are higher than they used to. Guess I'll try Ceramique next. And I'm running Northwood.

If you got that big of a temp increase, you either didn't apply the AS correctly or the heatsink isn't making good contact. I'd take it off, clean it up, reapply, and reinstall.

Already did that, but still the same. And I'm sure contact is ok and there's no problem with that. Maybe I'll have to try again.

I added some more AS5 and my temps dropped 3 degrees, IMHO there's already too much AS5 now but... How funkin' much I need to put that to get my temps lower :rolleyes:. With original compound which came with SP-94, I didn't need it as much as there's AS5 now. Well, I'll test out :(

Last edited:
Back