• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

'The Beast II'

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
Well, I have been very busy the last week or so. I decided to build another system, based on the old system, those not familiar with the old, see HERE. Anyway, I don't have much commentary yet... you can see a build log HERE. The Clamshell top has 3 windows, and 2 fans on the top. I have not even dealt with that yet, that will happen tomorrow or this weekend.
Parts:
Thermochill 120.3
Various fans - 6 Sanyo Denki 120mm's on the rad - Panaflo and Mechatronics round out the fannage.
Cascade SS
3 Laing D4's/Swiftech MCP650 in series
Tygon R-1000 Tubing, the softest, stickiest most bendable tubing I have ever used, blows R-3603 away IMO, but more $$$$
Mountain Mods U2 UFO Powdercoated Black
Various other stuff I can't even remember, lol.

Now for some pics:

front.jpg

mobo2.jpg

mobo1.jpg

pumps1.jpg

pumps2.jpg

pumpsclose.jpg

rad.jpg

rear.jpg

The final product is very clean. :thup: Considering how much WC stuff you have in that case, it looks suprisingly uncluttered. I guess having that huge cube case doesn't hurt.;)

:drool: Wow! You got another ufo? So the old hardware went into this one? Why'd you opt for 3 laing/650s instead of let's say 2 md15s (including your old one)?

Soja said:
:drool: Wow! You got another ufo? So the old hardware went into this one? Why'd you opt for 3 laing/650s instead of let's say 2 md15s (including your old one)?
Yep, another UFO. 3x D4's is 1/3 more powah than 2 MD-15's, plus I like the 12V factor and that they are small and don't put out too much heat.

Lord !!, you've really outdone yourself Nik, that simply qualifies as an "Elite setup". You really put the "B" in beast. :) Awesome work !

So how much of an improvement over your double heatercore setup?

Last edited:
wow very nice. 3 pumps in series?! whats ur psi? :rolleyes:
very nice job man

Last edited:
Looks a lot like my setup, juste bigger with more stuff inside ;)
The case frame was the big YY cube, right ?

amazing setup you got there :) not to be rude but i dont see the point of spending loot like that for watercooling. all that stuff costs as much as a phase change system.

Oh. My. God. :drool:

Absolutely beautiful. And that, esoteradactyl, is part of the reason for doing it. There's a certain "bling" factor to a setup like that. Granted you can buy the phase change kits and DIY, but that costs more yet.

Again, looks fantabulous, nikhsub :thup: :beer:

sweet rig nikhsub...

One question..It looks like the two D4s positioned right-side up are the DD model, while the one hanging upside-down is a swifty...
A. are the DDs 3/4 and the swifty 1/2 ?? and if so , how does that affect the series (have you played with them in different configs? or is the default: most restriction first in the series..
B. how does the swifty's weaker performance fit into the series? I am interseted in what order would be the most efficient.

Right now you have the small barbed-weaker swifty at pos. 1 in the series corret?

SenC.

wow really great pictures. and yes please tell us how you have your pumps inline through the loop. cant quite tell. where did you get that radiator by the way? i have room and would love to have that size =P

@ sbud - seems to be a bit better in the temp department, hard to say yet though
@ envy - psi? Don't know off hand but 3x 1 D4 I would assume....
@ SureFoot - Soja is correct, MountainMods.com
@ esoteradactyl - if you don't see the point, then don't do it! :D phase change is NOT an option for me, condensation is something i loathe.
@ JFettig - I can't remember when I wasn't insane!
@ Senater_Cache - you are right about one thing, the pump upside down is branded Swiftech, the other 2 are D4's but they are all 1/2" barbs and all the same specs, none are weaker in theory although there is sure to be some variation. FWIW, it really wouldn't make much diff anyway. And yes, the Swifty is in position 1.

I was going to use an Iwaki MD-30RZ which puts out about 11M of head and consumes 90W... these 3 should give me just about 10M of head and consume 72W, probably less though. I will be testing the loop with 1 and 2 pumps off to see the difference if any.

Back