• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vCore Voltage Reset Awakening From Sleep

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zero-p

Registered
I think I read this a while back somewhere but can't remember where. I read that someone was having a problem with their mobo that when they awakened from sleep mode the vcore voltage was reset back to its default (1.55v). I feel I'm having this problem as well.
I have my vcore set to 1.6v and the alarm on Mother Board Monitor 5 (MBM 5) is set to go off if there is more than a 5% drop in vcore voltage. The alarm has never gone off except when I awaken the comp out of sleep mode. The alarm doesn't always go off when I awaken it only sometimes and it takes a little bit usually when it does, about 5 minutes or so. Does anyone else have this problem and is there any way to fix it? If I awaken it from sleep mode and restart it the alarm never goes off.

I'm thinking about upgrading to a TruePower 380W but I don't think that is the problem.

Thanks!
Russel

My System:
Antec TruePower 330W
Asus P4P800 Deluxe bios v1015
P4 2.6'C' @ 3.31 vcore 1.6v
2x512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200 2-2-2-5-1, v2.55, 3:2
128MB Geforce4 Ti4800 SE @ 335/635
WD 160GB, 7200RPM, 8MB Cache
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy LS
Water cooled with Swiftech MCP600 pump and Swiftech VGA, NB and CPU Blocks, Danger Den Black Ice Xtreme II Dual 120mm Rad and dual 3.5" bay res.

I have the same problem. I don't have much else to say, other then I’ve taken to not letting my computer go on stand-by.

For what it's worth, this happened on both my Antec 430w power supply and my new PC Power & Cooling 510w power supply.

We all know asus voltage regulator sucks....learn how to solder and all your fluctuation will go away......It's definetely not the PSU.......

I know how to solder. One can't get to where I am with my rig without knowing how to solder. So could you give some suggestions on how to rectify the problem by soldering?

go at the Vmod section of our forum....or go here www.xtremesystems.org and same section also....It will give you the area on where to solder a 28K Ohm resistor so the vcore wont fluctuate as much........

Edit" Found this Droop mod also... P4P800 DX Droop Mod
Another Droop mod view
Vdimm mod for P4P800 15K Ohm resistor to give you 3.15V Max at 2.85V bios settings Pin 6 to ground fan header
Vdimm mod reading here: Vdimm read
Zero P, what stepping is your 2.6C Ihave the same cpu it's a SL6WH Malaysia D1 which overclocks to same as yours 255FSB.......

BL
Vflux

Last edited:
Thanks for the help. I'll have to give that Vmod a try to help with the voltages.
As far as stepping...I'm not sure. I'll have to check when I get home from work.

Zero-P

same problem

going into and out of sleep seems to reset vcore to its default value on EVERY p4c800e I have seen. the vmod does NOT fix this problem. I think its a bios bug. if anyone knows how to fix this I would really like to hear it

You sure you dont have it to wake (mouse/lan/keys etc)? What bios version are you using btw? You might try flashing to the latest one that is, 1017 is the new release.

BL
Vflux

Vflux

I have bios 1017, still no joy. I have been hoping for a fix for many many releases now. I do have my system "wake" from standby with space bar. Standby works fine.. i.e. vcore remains at my manual setting. same as powering down and restarting. Sleep mode is another story, going to sleep and waking up is when vcore is reset.

That's kinda odd, It shouldnt reset your bios settings like that....It should only wake the computer....How bout your mobo's battery, probably its dying. Coz it cant seem to save your settings.

If your systems btw isnt oced....you can set the vcore/vdimm to auto..

Odd it is! As I said it happens on every system I have set up (8 with the p4c800e). It does not do this on systems I built with ABIT MB's.

Yes I am OCing, thats why I have vcore cranked up. The battery does not come into play in sleep mode. Suppend- writes memory to disk and then powers down
SLEEP just goes into a 'low power' mode, i.e. cup is still up/ ram is still active, hence 'wakes' VERY quickly.

Did you try setting the suspend mode to any other setting instead of suspend to ram? I know there's hibernation settings on winxp, but im not sure if that would make any difference though.......

Back