• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP Pro Logon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smdtherock

Registered
Hey guys,

Well here is my problem....I jus got my laptop a few days ago and my dad thought it would be funny to put a pswd on the startup so I cannot use it until school starts...problem is me being a computer junkie i wanna get on it and set it up before school starts. That way when i am at school i am set to go....

I know there is a way by putting in a floppy and doing some stuff but i cannot find that info anywhere

thnx for the help!

Smdtherock

boot into safe mode and login under admin..leave PW blank...should get it...then from there you can change the password to the account...but the problem is you wont know what the password was to change it back so your dad would know!

smdtherock said:
<snip>
Well here is my problem....I jus got my laptop a few days ago and my dad thought it would be funny to put a pswd on the startup so I cannot use it until school starts...problem is me being a computer junkie i wanna get on it and set it up before school starts. That way when i am at school i am set to go....
<snip>

You could also try to talk to your dad and get him to unlock the computer, since what you intend to do before college is something for educational purposes... Just an idea, especially since resetting the password is not bound to make him very happy.

If you mean he put a password on the BIOS, the only way round that is to reset the CMOS, and on laptops, that generally means dismantling some of it.

If you can't convince your dad to give you the password, it can't be long till schools back :)

Back