• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fix It Utilities 5.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OnDborder

Anyone use this?
What do you like and dislike?
I see it's on sale at compusa for 20 bux but free if you have an upgrade..

If I remember right, that is sold under OnTrack Systems or something? (Used to be Mijenix?)

IF I have the right software in mind...it rocks, In My Arrogant Opinion. :)

I mostly use Linux nowadays, but when I was primarily running Windows that was the system suite I used- antivirus was better than Norton or McAfee for me, and the registry utilities were excellent.
Note that I have only a short experience with it under WinXP as I mostly ran Win2k or NT 4.0- or even Win98.

There used to be two versions: one had the more basic set
AV
Diagnostic tools
Recovery tools

The other added firewall and some other stuff that I didn't use.

I did pay $40 for one version of it just for the av and resgistry optimizing stuff though, and it was well worth it.

I have no idea where my cds are now, but if you post a link to the one you are looking at, I bet I can ID if its the one I am thinking of. ;)

Last edited:
So I wouldn't be entirely spamming, I did a search for Fix it Utilities and found the CompUSA deal- thats the same one alrighty. :)

I consider it the best-in-class product of that nature, personally.

dicecca112: I was just playing with "Group Memberships" options in the profile settings. ;)

I was looking at it for the registry cleanup and the defrag utility. I guess the defrag is suppose to be fairly quick.

I used to use it back in the win98 days. It worked great and the virus scanner was top notch. It is worth it for the virus scanner alone.

My experience with the defrag was a bit limited.
When I first began using the suite, I was using NT 4.0 and there was some problem with NTFS and the defrag utility at the time so I found Diskeeper which worked great.

When I began using Win2K I still used Diskeeper most of the time but I did try the Fix-it-utilities just to see if it worked.
It did.

How well I can't really say, and how well the newer versions work I have no idea.

The defrag worked great. Much faster than windows built in defragger and it also groups the most used programs at the center of the disc so that they respond faster. Or so it said.

Back