• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my OCZ PC3500 EB 1GB ram.. need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vio1

Hi, I havent ever done much with trying to tweak my ram so Im pretty much a noob in this regard. I need some help.
My new OCZs have stock timings of 2.5-3-2-8

In my bios I have:
Dram Cas# lat
Dram Precharge Delay
Dram Ras# to Cas# Delay
Dram Ras# Precharge

Which is which? On OCZs website they said that from left to right, there timings represent: Cas,TRCD,TRP,TRAS...
which ones are which for my bios?

Also, I must be a moron, but I cant for the life of me remember which to set my ram bandwidth at. Currently my fsb is at 230 and I want to try out 1:1 (however my bios doesnt give me that option.. instead it confuses me with these options: 200,266,333,400,450,500,533.... which is which?

Since my timings are 2.5-3-2-8, when I start to bump up the fsb, which values should I relax first... and how far?

A006.jpg

1. Dram Cas# lat = CAS, so that's 2.5
2. Dram Precharge Delay = tRP, so that's 2
3. Dram Ras# to Cas# Delay = tRCD, so that's 3
4. Dram Ras# Precharge = tRAS, so that's 8

If that for some reason doesn't work, switch around #2 and #4. I think what I have is right though.

hay i r teh winnar!!!111one

Make sure you let us know how your overclocking adventures go, alright? There's a lot of interest in this memory right now.

Vio1 said:
Hi, I havent ever done much with trying to tweak my ram so Im pretty much a noob in this regard. I need some help.
My new OCZs have stock timings of 2.5-3-2-8

In my bios I have:
Dram Cas# lat
Dram Precharge Delay
Dram Ras# to Cas# Delay
Dram Ras# Precharge

Which is which? On OCZs website they said that from left to right, there timings represent: Cas,TRCD,TRP,TRAS...
which ones are which for my bios?

Also, I must be a moron, but I cant for the life of me remember which to set my ram bandwidth at. Currently my fsb is at 230 and I want to try out 1:1 (however my bios doesnt give me that option.. instead it confuses me with these options: 200,266,333,400,450,500,533.... which is which?

Since my timings are 2.5-3-2-8, when I start to bump up the fsb, which values should I relax first... and how far?

A006.jpg

looks like from the packaging you got some old stock. New stocks have a hark orange red backing. Hope yours will do well.

Vio1 said:

Is there an option that says By Spd, Auto, or something along those lines? That setting should automatically set your RAM speed 1:1 with your FSB (that of course if you have the 1:1 ratio selected). I don't know your mobo's bios, so I can't tell you exactly.

nope, keep the precharge at 2. i just got my 3500eb kit today as well. and right now i have my system as follows:

3.0c @ 250 fsb 1:1 3-3-2-6
vcore 1.65
pci 66.66
pat turbo
vddr 2.85

I am very impressed with this and im going to try and get more out of it as well. when i get and ocz booster i should be able to get it up higher and tighter. :)

it's an asus p4p800 mobo btw

Back