• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgraded to AI7, IDE HD is now extremely slow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CDJay

Registered
Used to be using an 845e based mobo, the second the AI7 was installed, XP startup takes longer, everything takes ages to load and respond. Using latest BIOS and chipset drivers.

Someone in an older thread suggested getting a S-ATA to IDE converter.

Any thoughts? Anyone w/ similar problems?

CDJay

Did you reinstall windows after adding your AI7? This maybe the problem if you didn't because of drivers from your old mobo.

Also, is your hard drive in the same IDE connector as your logical drives?

Edit: What hard drive do you have?

no, a clean install was planned for when SP2 is released ( which... it now is, heh )

I think the drive is a western digital 7200rpm, it isn't actually my PC and thus I haven't kept a mental log of the model number.

I have the feeling, however, that the clean install of XP won't help matters much ( having seen previous threads to this effect )

Was rather hoping there was a simple well known solution but alas tis not forthcoming.

Tempted to tell him to buy a 10400rpm SATA drive, install XP SP2 on that and worry about all this later, heh.

Cheers

CDJay

Back