• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT IC7-MAX3/Download Corruption>240FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

84r

New board and fresh install of XP, PRIME 95 stable at 250 BUT downloads suffer from frequent file corruption--for example, downloading the latest nvidia drivers generates file errors--any ideas? I've run the Raptor (single drive) off of a SIIG PCI card and the on board SATA options--same thing happens--I appreciate any suggestions--thanks,

Robert

It sounds like you are getting occasional data corruption on the transfers from the Intel CSA Gigabit LAN chip due to your overclock. This chip is not on the PCI bus so its bus frequency is not locked and running Prime would not detect any problems with the LAN interface. I think your only options lower your clock speed or add a PCI NIC.

I got myself same kind of problem, data starts corrupting when I go +240FSB, but it's not only the data I download, also the files I already have in my hard drive.

Thanks for the comments--I added a PCI NIC and the problem has resolved--apparently (as suggested) the on-board controller was at fault--thanks again,

rw

Back