• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-MAX SATA Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DShaffer75

I just got a IC7-MAX3 motherboard. I was wondering if anyone knows how to use your existing HDs from the other motherboard with the new one with out formating and loosing everything. So far I have done this: I have the HDs on SATA 1 and 2 on the motherboard. In the BIOS I have it set under the Advance BIOS feature I have the Bootable Add-in device set to onchip SATA Raid. Under the Integrated Peripherals Onchip IDE Device I have it set to Onchip Serial ATA RAID.

So, you have two HDs from your old system and you want to use them with your new motherboard. From your post I can conclude that you have used the HDs as a raid array in your old system.

If you have used the HDs in your old system in a raid array, you must have the same raid controller chip on your new IC7Max3 to use the HDs without formatting.

The IC7Max3 has two SATA controllers supporting RAID. The Intel ICH5R with 2 SATA Ports and a SiliconImage controller with 4 SATA Ports.

:eek: So tell us about your old system. Did you use a onboard SATA RAID controller or a PCI expansion card?

Greetings,
Edgar

Back