• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to match with Mushkin LVL2 3500?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xaggerate

Well..my last thread got closed for god knows what reason...so I'll start a new one...

If another 512mb stick of Mushkin PC3500 BH-5 doesn't come floating around...what would be my next best bet for matching with my current stick?

Can I have different timings between memory sticks?
Will any BH-5 stick with the same timings work?

Help me out here...

How about Samsung's TCCD? They should be fine as well- Samsung- ICs work in nearly all systems I've seen.
And they will go up to 250MHz, but not with the timings of your BH-5

corsair pc3500c2, corsair pc3200ll v1.1
kingston pc3200 non-a, select kingston pc3000 and pc3500, select KVR
select twinmos
select buffalo
select ultravalue (or something like that)

any bh5 stick should do

K4mui said:
How about Samsung's TCCD? They should be fine as well- Samsung- ICs work in nearly all systems I've seen.
And they will go up to 250MHz, but not with the timings of your BH-5
yeah i think that they tend to do 2.5-3-3-7@250ish :( that would work w/ bh-5, but not in dualchannel, and it would be a shame to run [email protected] :cry: sence you cant run different timing on two different sticks in your system, you much use the timings on the looser stick.

Yes, any bh5 still you can find will work paired w/ your mushkin, i would say if Zip Zoom Fly still have kingston Pc3000 , isnt that BH-5?

jess1313, you are right- but where to get BH-5 or BH-6 now?
Actually we do not have alternatives for this- EBs might go up, but cannot do CAS2... but why should they not be able to run in dc? And who cares about dc ;) :attn:

By the way, what provides more performance, A64 1:1 w/ high frequencies and bad timings or A64 asynch with low frequencies and very good timings? (I'm asking because I see in your sig that you have both setups)

yeah, the opions are far and few between, for W-BH. but if a man must, then he can settle for looser timings

but i do think that ZZF still has Bh-5 :D

well im not running my BH5 at a ratio, my shuttle is at 10x252, with the ram at 252mhz, and yes the 2-2-2@252 works better than the OCZ at even 275+ but the ocz is still a good alternative, but i would do anything im my power to get some BH-5 ;) , even ebay if i had to. i need to update my shuttle in my sig, i now have 24,989 3dmark, and plan on 25k plus by then end of the weekend:)

EDIT: about the DC thing, it may just be my bad luck, but im yet to get ram that didnt have matching IC's to run in DC, on SC :cry:

Well....if I were to sell my LVL2 Stick...would the 1GB OCZ EB PC3500 from newegg for $300 suit me well?

They may not run at as low timings..but the fsb will be there....

Would this be a better alternative?

Also...I'm assuming that the EB sticks wouldn't benefit from a DDR booster, would they?

Some people say the "Dual-channel-matched-pairs" were just fake... I don't know, all the RAM I had run without problems in dualchannel.

To the latency- stuff I asked you, could you bench something for me? (A64)
I'd like to know if 220MHz 2.0-2-2 is faster than ~270 3-4-3 (or some timings like that).. the 220MHz 4:5 and the 270 1:1- I know it would be work for you but I hope you can do it some time :)

edit: Oops, I didn't see your post, Xaggerate- yeah, I think the OCZ would be good for your rig. And of course they benefit from the booster ;) (but the BH-5 would do so as well)

Last edited:
well 222 at 220 will get stomped by 3-4-4-8 at 270:)
but 222@250 stomps 3448@270 ....ill get some benchies later tonight

and yes, OCZ should do you good:)

jess1313 said:
well 222 at 220 will get stomped by 3-4-4-8 at 270:)
but 222@250 stomps 3448@270 ....ill get some benchies later tonight

and yes, OCZ should do you good:)

That would be gorgeous!

And if you are right -and by now I don't doubt that- I will decide to get these A-DATAs instead of low latency RAM like the Corsair XL (this TCCD has a reasonable price, again OCZ is out of my range...)

Looking forward to these benches!

Back