• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

L30 Dying???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Liquid_Cooled

hi guys/girls. i had my Hydor L30 for about a year now. a few days ago, it started making a rattling noise (sounds kind of like a harddrive during activity). it rattles for a few seconds, then its quiet again (normal), then rattles again. is my pump dying????

if i was to replace it, would you guys recommend the dangerden Laing 12v pump? is this pump as quiet as the L30?

i would check to see if the impeller is coming loose.

i just got the D4 to replace the l30 and it's not as quiet, but pretty close.

YES, get a new one NOW. My L35 started making that noice, I was like ok, there is some air it in, no big deal. Then later that day... dead, no movement. I took the impeller out it was fine. I put it all back toether and them sometimes it works, sometimes it dosent. Luckly, dangerden replaced mine.

Liquid_Cooled said:
hi guys/girls. i had my Hydor L30 for about a year now. a few days ago, it started making a rattling noise (sounds kind of like a harddrive during activity). it rattles for a few seconds, then its quiet again (normal), then rattles again. is my pump dying????

if i was to replace it, would you guys recommend the dangerden Laing 12v pump? is this pump as quiet as the L30?
yep it's dying... Mine died after about two months after hearing the first symptoms... The metal impellor shaft snapped along with the plastic sleeve that goes into the magnet...

Attachments

• IM003738.JPG
    IM003738.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 59
thank you people. i will be ordering the dangerden Laing pump (new muffled version) today.

geez, only 1 year and it breaks.......

Liquid_Cooled said:
thank you people. i will be ordering the dangerden Laing pump (new muffled version) today.

geez, only 1 year and it breaks.......
Well mine only lasted 6 months... Consider yourself lucky.

Back