• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Remember the black stuff in my system. its getting worse..check pics.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seaborn

This is some weird stuff its almost like it is magnetic.

:bang head :bang head :bang head

Attachments

• MVC-318S.JPG
    MVC-318S.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 334
  • MVC-319S.JPG
    MVC-319S.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 315
  • MVC-320S.JPG
    MVC-320S.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
they work for me...

did you clear out the 1st batch of that stuff (flush the rad) and this much came back?

id drain the loop and take a close look @ that stuff...then take the rad out of the loop and see if the stuff is coming from the pump or the rad...

I'd think so, except that copper and aluminum don't stick to magnets.

I think it's shavings off the pump.

They look like those little magnetic shavings that you find in a magnadoodle.

I say its shavings from that magnetic thingamabob in your pump. How old/new is your pump? I'de have it looked at. I think it's eating itself to pieces.

replace your aquarium pump, its dying
- the bushing in the impeller is worn out, causing the BARE magnet (CHEAP pump) to wobble on the shaft and wear against the internal pump casing

normally it makes noise also

NOTE: iron particles in fluid in contact with bare alu is quite bad

BillA said:
replace your aquarium pump, its dying
- the bushing in the impeller is worn out, causing the BARE magnet (CHEAP pump) to wobble on the shaft and wear against the internal pump casing

normally it makes noise also

NOTE: iron particles in fluid in contact with bare alu is quite bad

Thats the problem, It is all brand new. I have not even had this circuit in a computer yet. As for the noise, this is about the quiestest pump ive had. Its a DD D4. I did clean it out once already. then it did this again. thanks for the cooments. I got a good laugh out of the priest one. :D

sorry the pics are down. The host says they have been viewed 500 times and the b/w is all used up for them. Guess I ll have to figure something else out.

if the pump is brand new, i would talk to danger den before you take it apart and see if they will replace it, since it seems like that is where the problem is

Back