• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building a radiator - need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Djizasse

[CLOSED] Building a radiator - need help

Hi,

I'm planing an external WC box and the radiator itself. I need some pictures of common radiators, but dissassembled, I want to see the interior to help me plan the whole beast. I've tried searching the net for custom built radiators, but I can't find one. Not much radiator modding/building outhere?

Now, I know how a radiator works, and how it's built, I just want to actually see the inside, are the copper lamines used like in auto-radiators? Any pics?

I'm planing on using a few meters of copper, put some fins on the copper tubes , house it in an aluminium rad box and cool the whole assembly with 3 120mm Papst Fans. The box will also have the pump (or two) and the water reservoir.

Thanks in advance,
Djizasse

Last edited:
Why not just get a heater core? It seems an awful lot of time and effort for what will essentially be the same result.

LOL
Man, you're right on the spot.
I didn't knew that, here I am asking for something that has a name...
Thanks, guess I'll get two (or three) heater cores that suit my project. I can start with two and leave space for more, that's what I call upgradeability :attn:

Thank you ;)

Back