• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Laing 12VDC pump: the DDC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Turbokeu

While browsing I "felt" onto Laing 's website where they present a new DC pump: the DDC series.

Not as powerfull as the DD4 but almost as small (2.5") as the C-Systems CSP-750 pump (2"), and only 1.5" thick.
Maximum flow at 0" head is specified for 400LPM (about 105GPH) @13.5V, but more important is the maximum head: almost 15 feet (about 4.5 meter).

Power consumption is between 8.5 and 10.5 Watts and MTBF is 50000h.
A version with a liquid volume compensator is also available.

http://www.lainginc.com

CD :)

DDC1.jpg

they even mention cooling computers in the page: http://www.lainginc.com/DDC_Series.htm

and it does up to 24V

we're becoming important apparently

_

I had contacted Laing about getting a D4 from them. The price was excessive... 2X more than what Danger Den was charging, and the sales man was an ***.... :mad: So untill a good reseller gets these in dont get too excited.... :(

gbaz said:
I had contacted Laing about getting a D4 from them. The price was excessive... 2X more than what Danger Den was charging, and the sales man was an ***.... :mad: So untill a good reseller gets these in dont get too excited.... :(
Indeed...
You get only good prices with Laing when buying bigger quantities (after all it's a manufacturer).
I had very good contacts with Laing Germany a few months ago, I'm sorry to hear for you...

CD :)

does anyone want to try and group buy this thing from laing or one of their resellers?

It looks like Apple is a customer of Laing as of their latest Liquid Cooling system.
Im sure they got a fairly good deal, but Appl ehas resources if you know WIM.
One would need to buy a LARGE quantity to get a good price.
Nonetheless, Having one of those in my loop would let me sleep without any worries for a long long time.
50.000 hrs :drool:. Über Quiet :drool: 15'head :drool:
ohh man I better stop.....

SenC.

Last edited:
Senater_Cache said:
It looks like Apple is a customer of Laing as of their latest Liquid Cooling system.
Im sure they got a fairly good deal, but Appl ehas resources if you know WIM.
One would need to buy a LARGE quantity to get a good price.
Nonetheless, Having one of those in my loop would let me sleep without any worries for a long long time.
50.000 hrs :drool:. Über Quiet :drool: 15'head :drool:
ohh man I better stop.....

SenC.

I think you should go re-read the procooling thread, if that's where you're getting the info

maybe I'm wrong

I saw that thread also Greenman. When I read the procooling thread it had nothing in it regarding the Apple sys. Ill go check it out again.
As for what I said, It does have 15! head doesnt it?
Is it quiet? Maybe I am mixing something up. I am sorry if I am.
As for the Apple thing, one of my friends (an avid WC'er) and I had a discussion about it.
I shouldve researched his claims a bit more I guess (I looked at the Apple sys pics and it look very similar)
Is it not the same pump?

look for the same pump from delphi, as its full name is the "Laing Delphi DC pump"

or laing model number: DDC

so no group buyers?

_

Senater_Cache said:
I saw that thread also Greenman. When I read the procooling thread it had nothing in it regarding the Apple sys. Ill go check it out again.
As for what I said, It does have 15! head doesnt it?
Is it quiet? Maybe I am mixing something up. I am sorry if I am.
As for the Apple thing, one of my friends (an avid WC'er) and I had a discussion about it.
I shouldve researched his claims a bit more I guess (I looked at the Apple sys pics and it look very similar)
Is it not the same pump?

same pump, contract is not through swiftech

delphi is the apple's source, laing is delphi's source (If I understand correctly)

good effort on your part, S_C

Greenman, this is in no way an attack....

I dont remember saying that swiftech was involved in any way.
I knew it was the same pump (at first a guess, a guess later certified by BillA via ProCooling)
delphi is the apple's source, laing is delphi's source (If I understand correctly)
That is how I undertand it also.
good effort on your part, S_C
I am not sure I follow, Greenman... sarcasm perhaps? You think I pulled some sort of cover-up back there? Or perhaps I am being paranoid.
I am disapointed. :eek: lol

Regards
SenC.

That didn't take long to pull down! I guess we weren't supposed to see it yet. :D

I'll see if I can reassemble the page from my browser cache...

Back