• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BH-5 or Hynix BT-D43 for A64?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metzeric

Registered
Hello guys.... I am about to order an A64 3500+ pin 939 early next week.. I have here a BH-5 mem that can reach 500MHz stable but @ 3.3v.. Do I have to get another module such as BT-D43 or retain my BH-5?.. I can get a Hynix that could reach 480MHz (240FSB) @ 2.8v.. Is it good enough to pair with the A64? :confused:
Any inputs is highly appreciated..... Thanks

i am a 1-1 phreak... but bh5 at 220/230 2.2.2.5 would kill d43 at 240 3.4.4.8. the hi speed stuff needs like at least 265+. i guess alot depends on how hi u can get the fsb and how fast u can get the d43 to go..

BH-5 will go up to 250MHz with no problems- but they'll need volts.
But they will have very tight timings- I would choose them.

flapper, what do you mean? 265MHz 3-4-4 to kill 220MHz 2-2-2?
Is it really like this?

mrspec3 said:
Stick with the bh-5. How are you going to get 3.3V to your bh-5 thought? OCZ booster?
That's one thing I have to ask too.. Won't the OCZ booster kill the memory controller of the A64s?

good question depending on the circuitry it may not feed back thru the a64's memory controller. seanomatic (ocz rep) here should know..

From what I understand it was more the Chaintech board that was killing the memory controller. Alot of guys over at xtremesystems run 3.4+ through their ram on A64 no problem. Here is a link to the 11 page thread about it.

Back