• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800E deluxe BIOS tweak anyone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pvanosta

I'm looking for a BIOS tweak guide for the P4C800-E deluxe.

I built a system with 2 SATA drives in a raid-0, a P4 3.0C, 2 Gigs of DDR500 ram and a Geforce 6800GT. Nothing overclocked so far.
In Doom3, I only get 31 FPS in 1280x1024 timedemo, where I should be getting 70 FPS.
When i lower the res to 1024x768, the FPS stays the same, so the performance is capped by the system somewhere.

I always used Abit boards in all my other systems, so I'm looking for help from you Asus gurus here.

thanks.

I had a very similar problem a while back when I first got my system up and running, where I was getting about 1/3 of the scores I should have gotten on PCMARK2001, aquamark, etc. What I had to do was install the latest chipset drivers. As soon as I did my performance went right to where it should have. They come on the CD with the mobo, or you can get them from the Asus website, or you can download the latest version from Intel here

Sorry for the lack of reply, I've been on vacation for 2 weeks.

I reinstalled the latest chipset drivers and set the mem timings to turbo. I now get 60 fps.
Thanks! :)

No problem, glad that worked for you. Sometimes it's just those subtle annoying things that can hold you back.

Back