• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4p800-e deluxe question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jnguyen

Registered
hi, i am overclocking a 2.4c mo with the p4p800-e mobo and i keep getting stuck at 260 fsb with 1.65 vcore (fluctuates between 1.632 and 1.649), 2.85 vdimm, 1:1 ratio. I'm using geil ultra platinum pc4400, zalman cnps7000-cu hsf. The cpu temp at 260 is 42C. I tried upping the vcore, switching the ram slots, nothing seems to work. I'm thinking that the mobo is faulty and is holding me back. Anyone have any ideas. I'm thinking of rma'ing the mobo.

Last edited:
I have no idea. Last night I was playing around w/ mine and it booted into windows (didnt try prime though) w/ 275 fsb. I have almost exact rig as you. Only different cpu cooler, and I have the 4200 ult plat geil ram. I had to up the vcore to 1.57 I think. One notch higher then stock anyway

have u tried running 5/4 just to see if u have defective memory?? only other thing i can think of is an underperforming cpu. most 2.4c's will run 3.3/3.5, however some just wont

jnguyen said:
hi, i am overclocking a 2.4c mo with the p4p800-e mobo and i keep getting stuck at 260 fsb with 1.65 vcore (fluctuates between 1.632 and 1.649), 2.85 vdimm, 1:1 ratio. I'm using geil ultra platinum pc4400, zalman cnps7000-cu hsf. The cpu temp at 260 is 42C. I tried upping the vcore, switching the ram slots, nothing seems to work. I'm thinking that the mobo is faulty and is holding me back. Anyone have any ideas. I'm thinking of rma'ing the mobo.

To RMA the board, something has to be wrong with it. If it works at 200FSB, you don't have any justification to say that there's anything WRONG with the board. Why do you think it's the mobo and not the CPU? Does it boot at 260fsb, or no? What does you vcore do under full load? One of the first walls people run into with these boards is the vcore fluctuation, in which case you'll need to do the droop mod for the board; RMA'ing won't help for that.

im using 5:4 and works great.. 1 thing i noticed though, u need to run ur ram at 2.95 or 3 for u to become stable :)

It is probably the memory. Try running one stick at a time and seeing how far each stick will go. Not all pc-4400 memory can always do that speed unfortunately. Mine runs 285fsb with my 2.4c and 1gb of A-data memory. Try turning off turbo and "MAM" and setting the timings to the least aggressive. Also you really shouldn't need to up the v-core only the v-dimm. I would try a different cooler. What are you using to check your temps? Are you going by what the motherboard bios says for temps? Because if you are then it sounds a little high to me. Mine reads 32 degrees at 285fsb and never gets much hotter than that using the bios temp readout. Also disable all of the onboard stuff you don't need like onboard sound and usb legacy support, also make sure spread spectrum is disabled. Maybe even try diabling Hyperthreading and upping the voltage for the agp as this will also up the voltage for the chipset. My setup was a lot more stable when I added a little more voltage to the agp. It will boot up at 300fsb and run stable up to 295 but I run it at 285 just to be sure it is stable. I doubt it is the board or the cpu, try running 5/4 ratio.

Let us know if it is still having problems after that.

thx for all the helpful suggestions and i will try each one of them and let you know the results after i get back from vacation.

Droop mod and Vdimm mod or get yourself an OCZ DDR Booster........Now with this...you'll definetely have everything you need to look for bottlenecks........

BL
Vflux

Back