• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

White slice problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Placebo

Registered
hi im having this problem with windows xp where i get white slices in my icons and everything. i upgraded to the newest viewsonic p95f drivers but its still doing the same thing i also upgraded to the newest radeon 9800 pro drivers. it wasnt doing this until yesturday all of the sudden. i reformated and that did not solve the problem i virus and ad aware checked nothing there. http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=105197 (click view this image anyways) and look at the icons and ok / cancel buttons

are you using anything like Windowblinds or are you over clocking? Check connections? Card setting properly?

Hmm... looks like an odd problem.

Obvious questions: latest windows updates, drivers etc? tried a different vcard and/or monitor?

It looks like something may be corrupting your Windows install. Faulty memory (run memtestx86), hard drive, or even graphics card. Does the anomolies appear when you boot up in safe mode? (to check for driver screw-ups?)

You'll find a link for memtest in the memory topic :)

well its not the monitor or the ram scanned that.. i replaced my 9800 pro with a 9700 pro and it isnt doing it but i also downloaded the beta doom ati drivers cause doom was artifacting also.. so now ill put back in the 9800 and try it with those drivers and see if the white things come back i sure hope its not bad was best buys last one and if i have to return it i wont be getting another "until they order one"

exchanged the graphics card luckily they had 1 left.. works now so does doom 3

Back