• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is best performance : TDX or MCW6002 for a dual processor AMD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jen

Two Thin Fans better than one Thick Fan?

I was told that useing the two Enermax thin fans rated 64cfm to 90 cfm would not be as strong as a single thick fan. I am wondering if this is true and if so what tests have been done to proove this theory?

Parts already purchased

MCW6002 x 2
BIX
MCP600 Swiftech 12 volt pump
Dtek Pro Heater core with two shrouds and two 120mm fans
Mid Tower computer case

Last edited:
Bios24 said:
http://www.procooling.com/html/pro_testing.php

Can't go wrong with ole' Swifty. It's cheaper and cool's better.

thats what i want to hear

another question i have is

would useing two heater cores help in cooling or would it hurt it? i would only be useing the one pump

one is the chevette and another i have here is out of a F150 ford truck similar in size.

would be like this

pump / chevette heater core / cpu2 / cpu1 / F150 heater core
then return to pump

or would it be better if i split the flow to each processor seperate?

or is in a series better option

You will want to run the blocks in series, it will increase flowrate through the blocks.

I'd run the rads in parrallel though, if you do you use both.

Like this: pump-cpu1-cpu2-radsin parrallel-back to pump

Running the blocks in series will increase flow through the blocks even with lower overall system flow.

For example, you get 1.5gpm flow in parrallel, but each cpu is getting .75gpm, in series even with 1gpm flow each cpu is getting 1gpm.

So, with .5gpm lower overall system flow, each cpu would then be getting .25gpm more flow.

This is just an example, and if I'm unclear please PM me or catch me on AIM at erc2007.

Yeah, you never want to have a pump between the water leaving your radiator(s);) and your cooling components. It will add heat. Always place your pump somewhere along the waters return route to the radiator(s).

It's kind of a cool idea... maybe a little overkill (just find a nice big ole' radiator ;)) but could make for quite a photo-op, even if it's not perminent.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Josh

sandman001 said:
You will want to run the blocks in series, it will increase flowrate through the blocks.

I'd run the rads in parrallel though, if you do you use both.

Like this: pump-cpu1-cpu2-radsin parrallel-back to pump

Running the blocks in series will increase flow through the blocks even with lower overall system flow.

For example, you get 1.5gpm flow in parrallel, but each cpu is getting .75gpm, in series even with 1gpm flow each cpu is getting 1gpm.

So, with .5gpm lower overall system flow, each cpu would then be getting .25gpm more flow.

This is just an example, and if I'm unclear please PM me or catch me on AIM at erc2007.

what about this solution

pump > cpu 1 > heater core > cpu 2 > radiator then back to pump

this way the heat from cpu 1 will will be taken out in the radiator before going to cpu 2

this is the link to the mid tower case i am useing

http://www.directron.com/cslx6a19bl.html

the second radiator will be a BIX instead of the F150

First of all, are you sure that case can fit a heater core and a radiator inside of it along with a pump, tubbing, Res/T-line?

Running your system with a rad inbetween the CPU's won't hurt it at all. My system goes like this: Dual Pumps> BIX 2> CPU> Dual 80mm Rads> NB> BIX> GPU>Dual Pumps and I get great temps :)

jenkx said:
First of all, are you sure that case can fit a heater core and a radiator inside of it along with a pump, tubbing, Res/T-line?

Running your system with a rad inbetween the CPU's won't hurt it at all. My system goes like this: Dual Pumps> BIX 2> CPU> Dual 80mm Rads> NB> BIX> GPU>Dual Pumps and I get great temps :)

I have already fitted the chevette heater core where the hard drive cages were originally. the pump itself will sit beside the pci cards , this also has been fitted

i will be useing a T line to fill with so that shouldnt be any problem.

the dimensions of the BIX i believe will fit where the rear exhaust fan is now. i have one that will be here by middle of next week to see how well it fits.

hopeing that i can get the waterblocks by middle of next week as well . that depends on whether swiftnet has them in stock.

then a plumbing nitemare will begin

Jen

JBierm44 said:
Yeah, you never want to have a pump between the water leaving your radiator(s);) and your cooling components. It will add heat. Always place your pump somewhere along the waters return route to the radiator(s).

the pump will raise temps about .07C

and that is not a guess

study physics or come back for a lesson

>>>order in a loop does not matter

do what is easiest to route and install, length of tubing will impact performance, as will kinks

don't even think of 90 degree elbows

greenman100 said:
the pump will raise temps about .07C

and that is not a guess

study physics or come back for a lesson

>>>order in a loop does not matter

do what is easiest to route and install, length of tubing will impact performance, as will kinks

don't even think of 90 degree elbows

i would think that cooling the water after it has gone through cpu 1 would be best that way your not adding more heat to cpu 2.

wont be useing any 90 degree elbows , just bend the lines slightly as to not to severe to cause restriction

Jen

Jen said:
i would think that cooling the water after it has gone through cpu 1 would be best that way your not adding more heat to cpu 2.

wont be useing any 90 degree elbows , just bend the lines slightly as to not to severe to cause restriction

Jen

the water entering CPU2will be about .15C warmer than the water entering CPU1

hardly detectable, will NOT impact performance

just make the tubing runs short with no kinks, that is the way to optimize performance, not order

anyone with a mastery of physics will agree

devilscow22 said:
I would suggest getting something cheaper and used myself. Im very happy with my maze4s and they seem to be doing the job, see sig.

you have done very well , i am impressed. with my room temps i dont expect much of a oc other than to have some decent temps

with air cooling i was getting up to 63c , in a room temp of 80F to 90F this was with processor at 2000mhz 1.55 volts

Jen

Back