• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Icon Prob...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCGUY112887

I have this really odd problem... for some reason all of my .htm and .html files have the generic exe icon... no matter what program I permantelly associate with it the icon won't change. After reboots, still the same. When I double click the file, it opens in wha I associated it with, but the icon refuses to change!

Any ideas? I am trying to associate the .htm and .html files with Firefox. I had an icon problem before were all of my mp3's had the Windows Media Player icon but it always opened in Winamp... but it sudnelly it changed back today.

When I try that, all I get is "Windows cannot find the file C:\Progra~1/Mozill~1/Firefox.exe"
Dunno why it can't find it :-/
So I go and browse around, find the firefox.exe and it gives me 3 icon options. I choose any of them and then it just goes back to having the blank exe icon.

Back