• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with ram booting problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mirage_03

ok i just got some Corsair Value Select 512mb pc3200 ram. it boots up in DDR fine, and i can even get it to 400 mhz but if i have it at 200 x 10 (which is what it should be at, i have a 2400+ which is default at 2ghz). anyone know what the problem is? the latency is set at "By SPD" by the way. thanks a lot in advance!

by the way, i have an NF7 mobo and its in DIMM3, which the manual says to put it in. also, i dunno if it matters, but when i try and boot up at 200x10, it won't do ANYTHING, so i have to shut it off, reset CMOS, and start again.

Its with your motherboard, not your RAM. Do you have an nForce 2 Ultra 400 chipset? If you have the nForce 2 chipset, it does'nt support fsb400, but the Ultra 400 does. Try starting @ 200 fsb and and working your way down to find the highest stable fsb and adjust the multiplier accordingly.

Back