• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-MAX3 vs P4C800-E del. Power Circuitry w/ Prescotts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TeCKis300

Registered
Which one of these motherboards have a beefier power supply circuitry that would better handle an overclocked Prescott? I've heard some rumors that the IC7-Max3 has physically larger MOSFETS? Are the latest revisions of these boards updated in any way with heavier duty power circuitry?

Also, are all versions of the IC7 power circuitry the same or does the Max3 have a different setup other than the ducting.

I'm looking to do some very high overclocks with a prescott 3.2E and water cooling and have heard about the concerns with burning up the MB's power regulation circuitry.

Thanks!

Last edited:
as far as what was told me, ic7-max, i just ordered 2 for my frriends company, with exact p4-3.2 prescotts

Anyone know if the whole line of IC7 mobo's have the same power circuitry?

TeCKis300, post this question in the intel CPU section as I am sure "DeathStar" or "BatBoy" can help as they both are the "Kings" of Prescott overclocking

Maybe send them a " PM"

Dave

From what I've heard, the IC7 series canhandle the prescotts better. I think the only advantage to the MAX-3 is that they simply have heatsinks on the mosfets.

Back