• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ram voltage readings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rhino56

my bios says 2.85, thats what i set it, my booster says 2.5 is there a program i can use that would be accurate to tell me what the voltage really is?

consider yourself lucky, my booster LCD dances between 7.1 and 9.3 :eek:

I've been going by the PC Health Status in the bios, which is currently at 3.3

Last edited:
that would be hard cause the booster is an add on piece of equipment the bios is set to read the mem voltage at a different point on the mb. i would think the bios would be innacurate now.. i did alot of mods to my ic7, now my bios doesnt read the voltages right because it was designed to read the voltages un modded. now i have to check at various power mosfet with a voltmeter...

Catchfrase said:
consider yourself lucky, my booster LCD dances between 7.1 and 9.3 :eek:

I've been going by the PC Health Status in the bios, which is currently at 3.3

Catchfrase, did you ever figure out what's going on with your booster? Mine's doing the same thing, only between 3.5 and 7.2.

ChuckS said:
Catchfrase, did you ever figure out what's going on with your booster? Mine's doing the same thing, only between 3.5 and 7.2.

No, I assume that it just needs to be calibrated. But I didn't have enough time this morning. After I first saw the LCD reading of 8.4 I spent the rest of my play time cleaning my underwear! :D j/k had to get ready for the Cubs game.

LOL

The asus boards have no vdimm measurement so you need to do it yourself using a DMM. Either of the mosfets under the dimm slots will give you the real vdimm voltage. The adjustment knob on the boosters are really sensative so make sure you move it just a bit at a time

Last night I took it out and reinstalled it this morning. Seems to be working now.

It started to act crazy after I maxed out my OC at 5:4, 305 FSB for a little over 3.6 ghz. That's when I noticed it jumping all over the place and didn't stop when I went back to default settings.

Now I'm at 251 FSB 1:1 and working fine...

ChuckS said:
Last night I took it out and reinstalled it this morning. Seems to be working now.

It started to act crazy after I maxed out my OC at 5:4, 305 FSB for a little over 3.6 ghz. That's when I noticed it jumping all over the place and didn't stop when I went back to default settings.

Now I'm at 251 FSB 1:1 and working fine...

Spoke too soon... problem's back and now the display looks like a random number generator...
:eek:

That's odd. Borrow or buy a digital multimeter so you can calibrate the booster. Just check the RAM voltage from the mobo with the multimeter, then match the booster's display to that reading. I found it was easiest to turn the calibration pot to one side until it stops. Then slowly turn it back to where it needs to go.

Back