• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got me a new milling machine!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

frostmeister

Yep. I can't post any pics with my current ISP though. It's a heavy mother, took 3 of us to shift it, as it's about 400 / 500kgs. (1100lbs) When it's installed, and I've found a host, I'll post some pics. I've got a peltier block planned as a first project though, milling parallel grooves in 3/16in copper with a clear polycarbonate top to diect the flow onto the groove ends. (through 1/2in barbs.) If anyone's got any ideas, I've now got the tools to make pretty much anything (milling machine + lathe) so hopefully I'll be posting a bit more soon. I've also got a case planned, a cube, but a cut down cube that will take an atx board, and house the watercooling as well, for portability. Anyways, post any ideas / questions. Like I say, hopefully I'll have some photo's soon.

:edit: photos now added further down the post :/edit:

Last edited:
www.freewebs.com will take 50 megs or 50 files, whichever comes first...and it usually allows you to post em.

lets see...

http://www.freewebs.com/como/comp.jpg

for some reason i'm forced to copy and paste the links (even if i put them in an img tag, but its like that for anything with me.

btw, thats my AT tower soon to become atx, with a 13" monitor on the left. :-D

dude, congrads on the equipment, i'm jelous...

One thing you can do, since everyone has a geocities account they never admit too, is upload your pics to them, and then rename the file to whatever.txt. Geocities won't filter text files of any size, so it works like a charm :)

EDIT: Here ya go, my desktop through geocities, which I just set up as an example.

http://www.geocities.com/acidgameserver/desktop_transparent.txt

EDIT: Pic's huge, so I left it as a link for example of the .txt cheat. Glad you got the pics hosted either way :)

Last edited:
Awesome man, I have been enjoying mine cince the day I got it:p

A lathe is a very nice thing to have, and your right, you can make anything if you have both;)

Jon

I would love to see it if you can get some pics. I've never seen one before. I bet theres tons of things you could to with one of those.

Thanks everyone for the helpfull suggestions. I've gone with como's freewebs suggestion, so here's a photo of my new milling machine:

milling_machine.jpg

You can see the lathe in the background as well, to the left. I just got the mill in the shed tonight, with a lot of sweat and albow grease. I ended up waxing 4 3mm 2" x 2" box section steel beams and sliding the mill along it on the pallet. I say sliding, more like levering and moving 6" at a time with a pole from my multigym bending up and digging into the ground... I'm sure a multigym wasn't meant to keep you fit that way... Heheh! So there ya goes. My site with a bit more faf on it is : Frostmeister's website Happy viewing!

Last edited:
oh that is a VERY nice machine!!! Thats definately my next machine unless I go really big. I have been eyeing it over at lathemaster for a long time now but have no place to put it.

I think your gonna like it:)

What are the spindle speeds?

Jon

Well, for you Mr Fettig, it would be 95 - 1500rpm on a 60hz supply. For me, it's 80 - 1250rpm as I'm in england don't-ya-know with a slightly slower pace of life, heheh! There are 6 speed settings all together. I'd like something a little faster for copper, but as it's got the rigidity, I'll settle for taking slower passes.

Back