• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ 512mg out-perform kingston 1gig?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jacobman

Alright i am fairly new to overclocking but in know i need new ram. Right now i have a gig of kingston value ram ddr333 getting like 2.7gigs of bandwith per stick (512x2). Now i am looking at this OCZ ddr533 ram but theres only 2x256 in
duel channel mode getting 4.2gigs of bandwith per stick. would i be getting faster ram even though its not as much but twice or more fast, so is this a good idea- plan? http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-937&depa=1

Oh and will this be compatible with my motherboard, like just snap and go?
Asus a7n8x-e deluxe

That ram will not work well in your system. The higher speed (pc4000+) ram doesn't work well in AMD systems because of the memory timings being so high. You should look at OCZ EL or EB lines from the pc3200-3700 speed if you want to get OCZ. What ever company you end up getting ram from make sure you get something like pc3500 with good timings of at least 2.5-3-3-6 (2-2-2-5 is better if you have the money)

Steve

Back