• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2x512 of OCZ PC3200EB capping at 205mhz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ap673

Ok all my hardware is in the sig, and its great stuff. It's all about a few weeks old, and broken in. I can only get my FSB maxed out at 205mhz with these awsome PC3200EB micron chips. Granted it's 2x512mb in DC. I know NF2 boards have problems with CPC and 2x512 dimm's. I've tried a ton of modded BIOS's, and all of them get me about the same. Even the CPC disabled BIOS's get me only around 215mhz, which makes up for it being disabled. It seems like i've tried everything but this rig will just not go any higher on the FSB, when i've seen others in the 215-235 range. I give everything enough voltage, 1.85vcore, 2.9vdimm, and i've tried 1.5-1.7vdd. I've even had it at 3-3-3-11 timings. The xp2600-m can go as high as 2.75ghz stable. Still at 210mhz I fail prime in 1 hour, and 215 in 5 min. I'm running out of options here. Could these sticks just be bad? This is my second pair though, after RMAing my first pair that was really bad. I'm sure OCZ wouldnt send duds again, so its gatta be something else. Any suggestions?

You may need more voltage. @ 2.5GHz i need 1.8v (real) to be stable at 240FSB. It wouln't hurt to try raising voltage as FSB raises, methinks. Our systems are very similar.

Ya but i'm running 1.8vcore at 10.5x215 which should be more than enough right? In reality its about 1.77v. I've tried 9x215 also with 1.8vcore.

i guess i could see how far I can get on single channel, but that would be another performance hit. Does anyone else have this problem?

Perhaps you're reaching your mobo's own FSB limit? I had stability issues until i raised my vcore. It is worth a shot, i guess. You could also lower your vdd to 1.4v.

No motherboard is created equal to another. Some boards are so bad at overclocking or even running stock speed that in some cases it will never work. Many ram companies will tell you that a large % of their RMA's that come in work 100%. The problem then lied in the motherboard the person was using. If voltages are off or not tracking properly, bios's are corrupt or not setup right or any other number of things (cooling). As you know the CPC issue is a big problem with 512MB dimms on those boards so perhaps your board just wont run them. See if you can find some 256MB dimms of anything to test and see what happens

Good luck

Well i'm stable now with 9.5x220, but its in single channel mode. Does anyone know if that old 10/11 multiplier issue is still with NF7-S v2 mobos?

Maybe you need to do that bridge mod to your cpu. I don't know if that is still something you need to do (haven't played with my A XP's for a while now), but it used to be needed for some cpu's on that board to get them over 215-220FSB. I think it's the L12 mod

Steve

Back