• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AI7 Ambulance Alarm when buring DVD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JohnnyCNote

AI7 Ambulance Alarm when burning DVD

Whenever I burn a DVD, I get the "ambulance" alarm from my AI7 after a few minutes. It doesn't happen any other time, everything works fine and the DVD's always burn correctly. It's mostly just an annoyance. What gives? Is something overheating or what? Does anyone have any ideas on how to track down the problem?

Thanks....

Last edited:
It can be a temp alarm, a low fan RPM alarm, or a low/high voltage alarm. Open up your EQ monitoring panel and see what things are set at. If it's a temp alarm, then you need better cooling.

Thanks, I'll do that next time. It only does this when burning DVD's, for maybe 15 min at the most. Does it pose a threat to the CPU if I left it as is, or raised the temp alarm a bit? It's not like I burn DVD's every day, more like 2-3 a month....

Heat

Batboy is correct, it's a heat issue -When burning a DVD you will find it uses 100% CPU, thus you are using max CPU cycles. There are very few other instances that use 100% CPU, DVD burning will. Use a good HS & make sure the that stupid dang pad that comes with some HS is not underneath, if so get Arctic 5.

Depends what temp the alarm is set at. If it's 60 degrees with that Prescott, then you can probably get by up to 65 degrees. If it's set at 75 degrees, then you need better cooling. Open up the side panel and point an electric house fan into the case or something.

I'll experiment with some RW's and see what happens. My mb is set to the defaults, and my case has 2 front, 2 rear and the PS fans, so I hope that's enough. I'll check the filter, too. No doubt it's in serious need of cleaning.

Thanks again!

I just finished burning a DVD and the alarm went off a few times. The PWM temp rose to 71/72º briefly. Is this anything to be worried about, in your opinion? It's not like it was constant - maybe 3 minutes at the most, and I burn a disk maybe 2-3 times a month. If it is something that requires attention, what would you suggest?

Thanks again!

Those Prescotts run hot. Sounds like you need to improve the case ventilation. Those PWM temps are insane.

I just burned one (a disk, I mean) and this time it didn't overheat. I didn't do anything different from the last time either. Strange....

Back