• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual 80 Rad or 120 Rad or both

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seaborn

I am working out the problem of the evil "black death" particles in my system and about to install. I am looking for eduacted opinions on if I should even bother using both radiators. I have a dual 80 and a single 120. I had planned on using both but if the effect is going to be miniscule then i will just use 1 of them. I am using the coolermaster stacker case and the dual 80 fits perfectly in a hide away spot, plus I am going for a cosmetic look too so i dont want to overcrowd everything.

basically: -Is there any significant diff. in using both?
-If only one I would think the 120 would have less restriction, is that correct?
- I am cooling an AMD64 newcastle 3200 and a Geforce6800 withthe new dangerden block. I was going to also cool the NB as I have the Maze 4 block but its get a little overcrowded and I dont think i will have any performance gain from WC'ing the NB.

Thanks for the opinions. Seaborn

keep the 120, it is def. better and will cool better than a dual 80. also, yea, its not gonna really do anything if you wc the nb. i was wondering. can you post temps with your dual radiator setup as opposed to using just the 120? cause i have a 120 right now cooling my cpu and the gpu and i was thinking about buying a dual 80 to see how much difference it actually makes.

thanks

Back