• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a new Northbridge fan for IC7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krowa 02

I need a new fan for my IC7, does anyone know any that fit, I know abit uses a different clip to install their own.

I dont have the old one that falls off, I have the new one that dies real fast, so right now I dont plug it in.

Gotta upgrade that thing before I leave for school.

The Swiftech is awesome, but expensive. Thermaltake has a NB-1 that's pretty good and it's cheaper than the Swifty. No, you don't need to remove the mobo, those N/B coolers just easily clip in.

Id rather spend the extra cash to have a solid cooling device on my NB, maybe my nb is overheating which is why I cant oc my cpu anymore (even when my fan was working)

Ill check out that thermaltake one though.

I removed the fan of the heatsink and put some arctic ceramique on the northbridge. Still haven't experienced any stability issues.

FelleSis said:
I removed the fan of the heatsink and put some arctic ceramique on the northbridge. Still haven't experienced any stability issues.

Maybe my oc problems lie else where (Could be my audigy 2)

But id rather have a fan going, I wanna keep this board alive for another year or so.

If you don't mind a little work and wanna save a few bucks go with the Zalman ZM47J and make your own mounting clips. Way safer than a fan solution since it can't have a fan fail and it's more than enough for that chipset.

hey if ur handy and like doing things urself, i have a thermaltake tiger sitting around also a whole bunch of hi speed sanyo denki fans(40 mm 8/10 cfm) u can have them for the price of usps shipping...

thanks Krowa for posting this, I was just gonna ask the same thing. I wasn't sure if the swiftech fitted the mobo and was toying with the idea of the thermaltake. The advice in this thread has helped a lot.

ta much

zc :D

Back