• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water addatives: zyrex and uv rad dye

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trip0d

other than using distilled water i was reading around that ppl use ww, nothing, anti freeze, some dyes that stain, some dont etc.

so i was wondering if distilled water, zyrex and uc rad dye would be a good combo..and if so how much of each into the system? 75/25 water/zyrex and enough dye that it doesnt glow brighter?

also does the uv rad indicator dye come in multi colors? or is it something clear but uv reactive?

thanks

I am currently using just water and water wetter with a blue uv dye. The water seems to be a little cloudy. I tryed to find clear coolant(anti freeze) but was not able to. The auto parts store looked at me kinda funny when I asked if they had a clear coolant. Frozencpu.com told me to use 60/40 water to coolant, but I dont want green fluid in my lines. From what I have researched water and water wetter combo has the lowest avg. temps.

trip0d said:
but also stains tubes smells and something else that i forgot.

Are there any clear additives that you know of. I would really like to find a decent one. The only reason I went with water wetter was because of how well it worked when I raced motorcycles. I just dont want green fluid in the system.

I go back and forth between water wetter and purple ice. I forgot where I got the purple ice from but it basically mixes clear with water, just a slight purple tint. With UV dyes I have 2 blues and 1 green. 1 blue and the green are just UV reactive only, the other blue is a visible blue and also UV reactive. The visible blue does stain my tygon tubing.

where did u get the green dye from? ill prob experiment with the zyrex and stuff to see how it goes with tubing

I used water with just water wetter in my system and the water got cloudy and turned brown. I didn't care for green anti-freeze but went to an auto part store to pick some up. While I was there I came across Toyota factory anti-freeze. Its almost blood red straight from the bottle but when you mix it with water it turns bright red. If you don't want green and like red I'd suggest that. By the way, the anti-freeze cleaned the water wetter stains off the tubing (cf60).

trip0d said:
where did u get the green dye from? ill prob experiment with the zyrex and stuff to see how it goes with tubing

frozencpu.com sells the green uv dye that stays sclear without the light on.

im goign to run to the auto parts store and get some green rad indicator dye..ad go to like target or something to buy the rit whitener and brightner and do a test on some tubing for a day or 2 and see which one stains and which one doesnt

Back