• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

switching to win xp pro ( 64 bit )

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DerekDRP

Disabled
Hi yall. I am thinking of switching my mobo from 32 to 65 with hyper trhwding and thos have to get the win xp pro 64 bit os thats fine if i have too. ( now will doom 3 swg ) ut 2k4 call of duty so on ) play on the 64 bit?

( and can you guys gimmie some pros and cons? of 64 vs 32?

Windows 64-bit isnt final yet. Besides, hyperthreading is intel, but intel doesnt have consumer 64-bit processors i thought. The spelling makes it kinda difficult to tell what you mean.

If you get a 64-bit CPU:

- You do not need a 64-bit OS. Without one you cannot use the 64-bit capabilities but not many programs can use them anyway.

- You will not have hyperthreading. This is a technology on Intel P4B-3.06GHz, P4C and P4E CPUs and Xeons only.

- You WILL have hypertransport. This is a high speed bus used in A64 machines.

- 32 bit applications will run on Athlon64 CPUs. They are not a problem.

thank you . and sorry for my bad spelling ( damhit where did i put my spelling ace lol )

i have desided to upgrade the videocard / memry / case yet again / add water cooling / add winxp pro ) ( i will have 2.5 gig memry .

if i will have 2.5 gig memery ? the radion firecat gl card ( the $665 edtion card on new egg ) mybe not that expencive ). or the 90800 pro xt. what kind of numbers will i see in 3d mark ( mybe 20k )?

Back