• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got my BIX in, is this normal? (cosmetic question, not performance related)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

It_The_Cow

I got my BIX in today from Sidewinder Computers, and the unit itself has minor/moderate scuff marks on it. Maybe it's because I paid a hefty premium for it, but should I bother exchanging it?

i would, if this is bothering you enough to question it, then it would probably brother you in the future. unless you need the radiator asap, i would exchange it.

gary at sidewinder computers is a great guy and im sure he would exchange it for you. I had a problem with an order before and he sent me a replacement strait away without receiving the old one first.

ukdan said:
gary at sidewinder computers is a great guy and im sure he would exchange it for you. I had a problem with an order before and he sent me a replacement strait away without receiving the old one first.

I second this statement. Gary has gone out of his way for me several times even on things they don't have posted on their website. I'd email Sidewinder and I'm sure they will take care of it for you.

I just got off the phone with Gary. Since I live about 40 minutes away from them, I asked if it was possible for me to exchange the BIX on the spot. Sadly, they couldn't since they don't have a commericial store-front, but he offered to rendevous with me at the local post office. All I can say is that I'm a loyal Sidewinder customer now :)

Gary worked with me over 2 weeks about a Vantec Stealth 120mm issue that kept occurring with my onboard mobo headers. The fans kept blowing up within 10 seconds of using them on the mobo. Each time Gary woudl send a replacement even though I had to pay return shipping I commend him for constant contact with me and even testing the fans for a period of time before they were sent out.

Back