• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WW Mounted Wrong?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cmonkey

Registered
My temps are abnormally high. 46c at idle and 49c at load, with a 1.9vcore at 2.65ghz. I remember reading something about having to put a White Water block in a specific way, but I couldn't find the "notch" that it was describing, so I just put the block in. Could that be what is messing up my temps?

Edit, nm, thats only with the aluminum topped block.

Last edited:
actually i think all WW have a right and wrong way. the jet is slightly off center for AMD cores. you have to make sure you get it the right way. 49c does sound high, but not if idle is 46c. sounds like you have a hot room.

cmonkey said:
My temps are abnormally high. 46c at idle and 49c at load, with a 1.9vcore at 2.65ghz. I remember reading something about having to put a White Water block in a specific way, but I couldn't find the "notch" that it was describing, so I just put the block in. Could that be what is messing up my temps?

Edit, nm, thats only with the aluminum topped block.
Your temps are right in-line with mine. 2500MHZ and 1.925volts 45C idle and around 48C full load. Case temp is around 38C :bang head Grrr summer, So if your temps are around 10C above ambient, your cpu temps will scale liner with the case temps. Mine is about 1:1

Back