• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new bios battery same problem happens and now slower clock speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trip0d

i made a post about 2-3 weeks ago saying everytime my comp boots itll say new cpu installed f1 to setup f2 defaults. everytime i reboot that happens.

bout a new battery from cvs same type of battery..forgot the name off hand and it was fine for about 1 week.

now i reboot and it keeps doing the new cpu thing. and worst of all..system info and sandra tells me my 2.8 is running at 1.4!!

im confused as what went wrong or whats happening. :eek: :confused:

Try putting all of the setting manually in the bios for cpu and memory timings, I don't really know if it will help try switch memory slots if you running dual 1,3 change to 2,4

ill try that tomorrow when i restart my comp..doin something that i cant restart it..

all i say is it had better be working when my w/c parts come :mad:

thanks meionm ill try that

update: a flashed the bioso and now the proc is back to 2.8 but i switched the mem from 1,3 to 2,4 and it still says new cpu

new battery and everty8ing..im confused

Looks like it could be some fried circuits between the battery and the CMOS. I had a P4 Intel Board that had fried CMOS circuits preventing it from saving anything, but it was rock solid in stability.

no no, there is nothing wrong it say new cpu because it doesn't know what cpu it really is, i posted this in the abit forums, simple default everything MANUALLY then restart go into windows if it says hot f1 to cdontinue do so then retsrta go into bios o/c a bit go into windows restart and it should b fine again

Back