• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A64s FSB: Do i need to worry?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jcw122

im getting an A64 3200+, 512k cache, and Newcastle core...i was wondering...since the FSB is integrated into the chip...do i need to worry about getting memory with the same frequency or not?

No. The fsb should be 800, but the bios should allow dividers. The only thing to worry about with the integrated memory controller is not to exceed 3.2 volts on the memory voltage, otherwise, have fun :)

well *techniclly* there isnt a FSB w/ a64, but there is HTT speed, which as far as we're concered, serves bacisly the same perpose:), and you can run your ram async w/ your HTT.

The memory on the A64 is really not that much different than an Intel system. Its basically 200 x the multi. The main difference is the LDT which can boost performance, but not much over an LDT of 3 or 4.

A64's also love tight timmings. So if you have some bh-5 or ch-5 laying around I'd use it. OCZ eb is also a very good choice.

As far as the 3.2v for vdimm, that's largely a myth. Most of the A64 deaths were on one mb which had a tendency to spike the vdimm. I've owned 3 A64's and have never run less than 3.3v vdimm and have never had a problem

Back