• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another Noobie OC thread: 3200+, k8v se d, PNY PC3500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YetAnotherNoob

Ok, my first attempt at oc. My system:

A64 3200+ CG 512K
Asus K8V Se Deluxe
PNY Verto PC3500 1x512(second stick is journeying through rma land)
Superflower 450w(low rails, waiting for fortron 530w to come back from rma land as well)

only three things were changed, everything else is default.
vdimm(2.8 factory max), fsb, divider
-----------------------
memtest+ passed:
225 @ 2.5,3,3,8 ratio 2:1
225 @ 2.5,2,2,5 ratio 1:1 (i noticed the MB/s dropped in half)
both were hovering at around 2475(mempassed at 2505 but forgot settings, yea, what a noob :rolleyes: )

i've tried 226 with auto but it failed. same with 228. any tips on how i can push it further? when/how should i adjust cpu voltage? what does cpu voltage affect?

will prime on monday or tuesday, when i can find time to install xp on a spare hd.

any comments or hints appreciated

Hi,
I have the similar setup as you

AMD 64 3200+ Newcastle
Asus k8v se deluxe
PNY verto 3500

Still waiting for the case

How is the memory? Did you take out the heatspreader to see what chip it is using?

From my research about the mother board, this asus board is not an overclocker. You are lucky if you can oc 10-20mhz. I am no expert, maybe some expert may help you.

i haven't removed heat spreaders. well as i said in my post above, i've gone about as far 2525(about 325mhz above stock.) and still pass memtest by upping cpu voltage to 1.5v, im such a noob, i don't know what to change. i've using venus 7 right now, will use my 948u as soon as i figure out how to remove the asus backplate.

after a night of burn-in and uping voltage to 1.525, im now testing:
230x11 @2.5,2,2,5 at 1:1 so far no errors. i hope i didn't up my voltage too high

btw mb temps read 40c

Back