• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP Shutdown Delay with PnP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. Fri

I've had a Win XP shutdown problem for a few months. When I shut down, it hangs for about 2 1/2 minutes before going to the "windows is shutting down" screen. Today I took some time going through the msconfig utility and found out that when I uncheck (don't load) the plug and play option (under system services), the pause problem goes away. The problem is that now the PnP doesn't work and my system doesn't know when I plug into the USB port. Any suggestions? Can I re-load a driver for the plug and play?

I had that problem too, i get it when i get spyware or a virus. somtimes i had to click shutdwn 2 times on my pc case or in the start menu to get my pc to turn of or restart.

Have you been to the Microsofts web site and done a search for XP shut down issues ?

Back