• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possible to get oced Prescott load temp into 30's with water???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ed.howell

I have been thinking about water cooling for a couple of weeks now and I was wondering the possibility of getting my oced 3.2 Prescott load temps into the 30's with a water cooling setup?
What would be some good components to use? While i am at it I would like to cool my graphics card also. I would like to keep it somewhat quiet cause I have this computer hooked up to my home theater.

Thanks,
Ed

Sure it's possible. If your load temps are 49 right now with a mid-range heatsink a high-end watercooling system might drop it 9 degrees. Might end up being noisy though.

On my setup my temps dropped 10~12° going from a sp94 with a 80mm tornado to water cooled system. So you should drop about the same.

Ancient_1 said:
On my setup my temps dropped 10~12° going from a sp94 with a 80mm tornado to water cooled system. So you should drop about the same.

What kind of setup do you have or what do you recommend?

Back