• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Supply list questions....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperDave1685

Ok guys... I've been shopping around, waiting till Friday (payday :) ). Heres what I plan on getting so far...lemme know what ya think!

case - ASPIRE (Turbo Case)X-Superalien Blue Aluminum Server Case with 500W Power Supply, Model "ATXA6SW/500" ($141)

WB-DD TDX, Socket 478 ($53)

Pump-DD 12V pump ($75)

Tubing- 10' Clearflex ($10)

Thermochill 102.2 ($105)

2x Evercool 120mm fans ($24)

DD 5 1/4"Drive reservoir ($30)

12oz WaterWetter ($7.50)

Grand total- $445.50 :p I'll probably buy these over a few weeks so I don't blow all of my paycheck at once, but these are the basics (I think). I might decide on a Thermochill 102.1 tough... not quite as big, considering the 102.2 is like 11" long and like 6" wide! lol. We'll see....now on how to connect all this cool stuff.....:D :D

**update**scratch the thermochill 102.2 I'll get the Double HeaterCore for only $50!... updated cost- $395.50 not too bad :)

Last edited:
Have you thought about the danger den double heatercore to save yourself some cash? Also, I bought the same case and had some problems with it. My PSU was DOA, and if memory serves, wasn't a quality PSU. I would definately recommend a different case. A few people had problems with water wetter, it seems to be more trouble than what it's worth. I personally went with the Zerex super coolant, and I can't complain. It's odorless, but turns your water a slight pinkish color. It doesn't taste too good either :(.

I'm not really concerned about the PSU- I got an Antec 450W here in my current rig- so no worries :) Thanks for the water wetter tip!

*edit* Ok so scratch that Thermochill 102.2..... looks like the double Heater Core with a shroud looks like a much better solution and cheaper. Thanks!

Last edited:
this is gonna be external, right?

i wouldnt get a res, i think its a waste.

i would also look for a different case

these cores are $21 and about 12"X6"X2"

Pipes will do as barbs with a little trimming.

best rad for the $ if you ask me.

Well the reason I like the aspire case is because its big, its cool looking, and it already hs the window in it and has a top, pre-made fan exhaust. I'm lazy I know lol but honestly, I just don't like cutting up case case I'm such a cluts with metal working...... so bash me if you will for not being a hardcore modder, but guys I just don't feel very comfortable working with metal. Any other case suggesstions though?

Senater_Cache said:
would that be 120x2 sized?
(google turned up no images and hardly any useful web links. sorry)

SenC.

good job googling, more effort than most

mine is about 10"x6"x2", finned area

can take more precise measuremnts or pics if needed, it's a fedco 2-342 heatercore, that may help the google

no I plan on fitting all of this junk in a case....:) somehow... I've been looking at the Lian-Li cases... cost a lot of money, but nice....Are they really *that* good? And how easy are they to cut up? I'm just concerned on how I'm gonna mount that double heatercore cause I ain't ever done W/C before :)

Back