• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PPPoe no worky after upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peppy

grr. how I hate intellectual property.

After I upgraded from Windows XP Home Edition to Windows XP PRO my DSL connection no longer works. The PPPoE box is greyed out when I go to select it for a new connection.

Any suggestions? I called Verizon DSL and after 3 hours they concluded they can't help me.

That's because you did an upgrade installation instead of doing it the right way by doin a reformat of your disk first.

I've seen this happen alot when you try to install windows on windows.

I suggest you reinstall Windows XP and chose to format the drive during the installation process.

I think to get PPoe you need to give it a zip code just so it is happy after that you should be fine

Timelessblur said:
I think to get PPoe you need to give it a zip code just so it is happy after that you should be fine

That usually works, but there is also a bug that causes the PPPoE to disapear when you do an upgrade installation.

Let's hope he can solve this the easy way.

Back