• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Look! A DATA with Hynix CT-D5 chips!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Diablo23RD

I took off the HS, and I saw this!! I got a pair of 512mb pc4200
Right now I dont have mobo to test them out... It on the way, will be in my hand in 10th. According to Flaper, CT-D5 is new chip from Hynix!!

Edit: add pic!!

Attachments

• ADATA PC4200.JPG
    ADATA PC4200.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
Is this a new rev. of D5? or is it the same as before? I can't remember the exact Ic code, but d5 is a good overclocker from what I understand.

yes u are correct hynix has 2 flavors of the d5. the bt/ and the ct. my shikaxram contains the bt version and they run to about 292 mhz...

flapperhead said:
yep. the d5 d=ddr 5=500 it should oc well my friend..

That's what that means? I thought it meant 5ns =200mhz. And 4.3 was better because it's 4.3ns =233mhz.

So flap you've dealt with a lot of highspeed ram. What's better the D5 or the D43? I'm going to be building a P4 machine and I need some low cost highspeed ram. I've been going around town hand picking KVR.

yes ive even seen some reviewers refer to the bt/d43 as4 .3 ns memory. that isnt correct. the bt/d43 is rev b, t=tssop d=ddr 4 means ddr400 and 3=cas 3 as far as overclocking goes all three run real fast. ive seen bt/d43 that will go ddr600. but im pretty sure the primo stuff on the corsair and ocz el pc4400 is the speed tested bt/ct 5. version of the hynix chips..

My OCZ 4400 non EL will go 300 in a Intel but in a a64 it will only go 267 stable & 275 benchable. These should be bt/ct 5. I tried to get the spreaders off but they are clued so tight I gave up, maybe with some heat I could get the spreaders off.

Flapper do you know which ICs these really have.

dont know 100%. but they are VERY likely bt/ct d5 hynix chips.. the timings arent real good i can get 2.3.3.5 up to about 220 mhz also some guys have gotten like 250/260 using 2.5.3.4.7. also 2.5.4.4.7 runs about the same as 3.4.4.8. i didnt seem much improvement in bw.. hey want a screenshot of some bt/d5 at 300 mhz???
btw can someone pm me so i can pm back. i think somethings wrong and i cant pm.. thnx

Last edited:
my experience is after 260/270 it really depends on the chips themselves. thats why ocz stuff oc's so good. the el series is hand picked (tested stuff). it is my understanding(seanomatic knows for sure) that they are less concerned with the chips and revision. they look for performance... with that being said almost all the newer pc4200/4000/4400 ive seen in reviews are the bt/ct d5 version of the hynix stuff

as for timings the newer d43 and d5 ive tested pretty much act the same..

except for that one guy here that got 2-2-2-11 with his d43 kvr. i pm'd him and told him they are rare and maybe a collectors item cause ive tested ALOt of the d43 ct stuff and read alot of reviews and ive never seen them run 2-2-2-11.

flapperhead said:
my experience is after 260/270 it really depends on the chips themselves. thats why ocz stuff oc's so good. the el series is hand picked (tested stuff). it is my understanding(seanomatic knows for sure) that they are less concerned with the chips and revision. they look for performance... with that being said almost all the newer pc4200/4000/4400 ive seen in reviews are the bt/ct d5 version of the hynix stuff

as for timings the newer d43 and d5 ive tested pretty much act the same..

except for that one guy here that got 2-2-2-11 with his d43 kvr. i pm'd him and told him they are rare and maybe a collectors item cause ive tested ALOt of the d43 ct stuff and read alot of reviews and ive never seen them run 2-2-2-11.

hi, i am that lucky guy to have a D43 with 2-2-2 timing..
i will try it on P4 system to make sure it will run at 2-2-2 too...

cheer!

the newer stuff needs about 2.9v-3.0 volts to reach their max. for example my shikaxram with bt-d5 chips runs in the lower 280's at 2.8.

Yep, which is why I just ordered two sticks of it from NewEgg on Sunday :)

Not sure if I'll be able to max out its FSB because of no AGP/PCI locks on the K8V SE, but I'll try them out and see how they work.

I tried mine (ADATA 4200, 1st pic)and run 255FSB with 2.72V. They can get up to 266FSB system unstable but I can run some benchies. 2.72V that is max for Vdim I can get in BIOS. I will do Vmod for my IC7-G and see how they can perform.

Edit: Add pic

Attachments

• 4G system1.JPG
    4G system1.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Back