• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just installed SP2, CPU usage at 25%!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bznotins

Registered
I exited installed SP2, and now my PC idles at CPU usage of 25%! Any thoughts? I checked task manager and it appears that "system" is now the culprit.

Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks,
Brian

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 142
OK, I think I figured it out. ConquerCam now seems to hog the CPU (when it didn't with SP1). I'm going to try reinstalling the webcam drivers.

In that pic you have 38 processes running, that's alot IMO, I have around 20 and that's with 2 virus apps running (one is a trial version).

yes I definetly agree with cornbread. I would scan for adware/spyware and viruses, and also disable useless services.

also I am going to reinterate what I said on two other sp2 threads. What's the rush? Let the OEMs work out the bugs before going to sp2. You may have found a program that does not work well with sp2 and it needs to be fixed so it does. So all of these suggestions may be useless and the real culprit may be sp2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back