• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

weird problem with my usb mouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InFeRn0__

ok, well i've tried 2 pretty new mouses and both work fine, untill 14 mins or so, then all of a sudden the mouse will turn itself off and the only way to get it to work again is if i take the mouse out of the computer and plug it back in, and even then it sometimes wont work ....i dont want to keep doing this, how do i fix this problem so the mouse will work for as long as i have the pc on :confused:

if it's a logetic mouse you can go to their main site to download newer drivers. or a windows xp update <might> help out some how.

*edit* in device manager under properties of the particular mouse make sure the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" box is UNchecked. ;)

I had a problem like that with my Microsoft Mouse. It was usb related. When i reformatted my computer the usb drivers xp installed were to old (non sp1) but once i installed sp1 giving updated usb drivers for my usb 2.0 it worked perfectly.

My old Intellimouse had a problem with the physical connection that would cause that sort of effect. Apparently it was a relatively common problem. I'd check the connection to the mouse itself, jiggle that around and see what happens. Good luck!

same problem now!
ive powered my monitors USBs - it works
but when i put the mouse USbs on my mobo...doesnt work!
just found out my mobo's other 3 USbs do work - they were malfunctioning again.
just DL-ed the drivers....we shall see....

Good luck. What I was going to mention it seems that you are already going to try. I was going to mention dl'ing the newest mobo drivers. If you where running your mobo with USB1.1 drivers that could be causing your problem. What kind of mobo is it?

Back