• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

f**ked ic7 max 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PHILIP1193

ok as u title says its messed up :mad: , when i jiggle case it stops working, as in freezes, first though it was windows, so i re-instaled that, didn't cure it, then it started not posting under any circumstances, then it simply wouldn't post in dual channel mode, then it said it didn't know cpu, then it wouldn't boot into fresh copy of windows unless i o/ced cpu with mobo, all in all i think its f**ked, but before i rma it i hope some one can help. its running 16 bios too :mad: :mad:

Phil

ok i found the culpret to b the memory slots in mobo, if i wiggled memory in slots comp would restart bearing in mind this was in dual channel slots 1+3 i swappewd to slots 2+4 and cleaned contacts with some electricl fluid and booted up fine, i rattled an dbumped case as well as wiggled memory and now it wont freeze or not not post also this is with my o/ced settings in sig

Phil

Hey Phil,

what power supply do u use in your 3.6 ghz machine?

I had some very unusual problems cause of a bad power supply. (no post until 5 to 10 times reset, sound card sound to quiet, usb devices not working correct, 100% cpu usage in windows...)

Bye,
Edgar

lol ill bow my head in shame for this answer " £30 550w power supply, but all raid are within the 5% tollerance levels"
Phil

Aha, aha...

Often I hear answers like this, when people complain about strange errors with their highly O/Ced systems and I asked them what PS they are using.

These guys spend all their money in extra cooling fans, ultra fast graphic cards and very large hard disks (not to forget those blinking lights in their cases). But they use the cheapley PS they got years ago with their old computer case. Hmhmhm...

One thing to mention: A good PS from a regarded manufacturer with 350 W is often more stable and reliable than the 550 W and above version from unknown manufacturers.

Bye and good luck with your £30 550w PS. I think 30 £ are enough for a good PS.

i have also bought a targan 480 w psu about £70 just waiting for it to arrive

Phil

Back