• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my 1st custom ghetto water case =D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tricknasty

well from reading these forums i got alot of great ideas and was anxious to start my own water cooling endeavor. i have a koolance POS (PeICE OF Sh*T) and was unhappy with my performance. so i went to autozone and got me a 77 bonneville heatercore. the rest is in the pictures. ill be purchasing the pump/wb/hose/ etc here shortly and will post some pics when its done =P
IMGA0040.jpg

IMGA0039.jpg

this is after cutting off the bends and painting it. looks like i painted the fins but i did not, they were all covered while painting.
IMGA0041.jpg

IMGA0043.JPG

IMGA0041.jpg

more on the way

i grabbed my old full tower and started tinkering with it. i think im going to stick with this one as it will save me 200 bux on buying a new case. heres some pictures of my cutout for the radiator. i havent cutout the plastic front yet, but that will b next.
IMGA0052.jpg

IMGA0046.jpg

IMGA0051.jpg

IMGA0054.jpg

pics r good =P so here is where i was cutting out for the 2x120mm fans going in the front. im going to put a mesh screen over the 2 fans so kiddies dont lose their fingers
had to stop at the first pic cuz my stupid cordless jigsaw died. wish i could find my dremel or rotozip
IMGA0057.jpg

IMGA0058.jpg

the fan will be on the other side just wanted to make sure it was the right size.
IMGA0059.jpg

more to come, now i need to order my parts

the heatercore i got for 16 or 17 bucks, it was very minimal. from what everyone says throughout the forums its just about the best radiator for the money if you dont mind customizing it.
the pump might be the dangerden 12volt. i hear its powerful and if its any noisier i dont care, im looking for performance. if anyone can offer a more powerful 12volt pump to use please let me know

well Im using a Ehiem 1250, Its big, runs on AC power, but does the job, its quite too, you can get a relay from Greenman100 here on the forums that will turn on and off the pump when the comp turns on/off.

Osirus said:
I can show you some pics of my external WC setup if you like, to get some idea's

by all means if anyone wants to offer some help or post images that would be great :)

Osirus said:
well Im using a Ehiem 1250, Its big, runs on AC power, but does the job, its quite too, you can get a relay from Greenman100 here on the forums that will turn on and off the pump when the comp turns on/off.
ive tried to read all i can on the pumps and theres a ton of info. is that Ehiem 1250 stronger than the DD pump? i dont really have a preference im just looking for performance

ive seen that diagram before, but from what i remember it sez the DD 12volt pump is better than the ehiem. but site is down atm

aahhh ok, im gonna check that iwaki WMD30 out, might need you to make a relay for me greenman =P thx for the help !

I have one of the relays.. Im going to do a follow up review on it, but its well worth it, great for bleeding the system when you dont want to have your comp on.

Back