• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quality vs quanity

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Wrench

Registered
I am building my first system and ran a little tight on money. Now I have to decide which is better, to buy 512 of good ram (Mushkins 222, etc) or get a gig of cheaper ram (Kingston value ram). Which would you suggest. I am building a xp2600 mobile , nf7-s , ati 9800 pro, air cooled system. I would like to stay under $150. The ram should be pc3200. Thanks in advance.

I personally think that 512mb is enough RAM for a computer for the average user. Now if you love playing games, or do other special work, that's different.

If you think that your more like the average user, then I would go with the 512mb of higher quality RAM. You could even try finding cheaper than Mushkin 2-2-2.

Thanks, I guess it would make more sense to just add another stick when i get a few more dollars.

Back