• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got a leak, need some advice.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bob Ross

Registered
Well I’ve had my Swiftech Q-Power for about a year now. Generally I’ve been very happy with it. Last weekend, I got sirens with a shutdown. Luckily I had my case open to notice the pool of water at the bottom of my case. The leak is from the bottom (see pics) of the pump at the seam.

Well, looks like I’m going to need a new pump. I’d like to get something more powerful than the stock Q-Power pump. Any recommendations for a good (½ inch tubing) pump?

On a side note, I hooked up an old Thermalright "SLK900A" Copper Heatsink and I’m getting 2593 GHz as oppose to 2675 GHz on water. How is that possible? I cannot get this chip (AMD M2600) above 2700 GHz. I think I’ve pushed this particular chip to the limit.

inside.jpg

pump.jpg
pump2.jpg

Well I’m just glad nothing was damaged.

Cheers,
BR

It's probably those blasted compression fittings :p

I would say for a good, cheap, powerful pump (words not usually synonomous with each other), go for a hydor L30. I've seen them go for about $35 online.

Back