• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ic7 max 3 problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zero cool

Hi
I have a couple of problems and I wondered if these are common to the board or just me.

1. My Northbridge fan has more or less had it after a year with the board, hasn't been right for a while. Was gonna maybe get a thermalright or a Swiftech.

2 I have three hd, 2 connected in ide and 1 sata. My pc often loses the sata drive completely as in doesn't detect it, obviously may be a cabling fault, but I wondered if it could be a power supply prob??/ or is this a known 'issue' with these mobo's

thanks for any help you can give me :thup:

zc :beer:

Welcome to the forums!

Yeah, the northbridge fan usually craps out after about a year, suprised you got that long out of yours

It could be your SATA drive itself, but remember to check those cables

Pro*Banshee said:
Welcome to the forums!

Yeah, the northbridge fan usually craps out after about a year, suprised you got that long out of yours

It could be your SATA drive itself, but remember to check those cables

Hiya thanks for the welcome :D

I'll try other cables I have again to try and sort it.

Ok looking for a new northbridge fan, this forum is gonna cost me money I think ;)

hehe yes it will. The thermalright NB-1 and NB-1C are both very good and they use a 4 hook mounting system so they work very well.

Back